[Openchrome-users] K8M890 reports wrong video RAM size

Agenor Hentz agenor
Tue Sep 25 05:47:22 PDT 2007

  Thanks for the workaround. The openchorme driver indeed reports the right
amount of videoram when setting it to 64Mb at BIOS. However, I do still have
only the 640x480 @ 60 Hz resolution available (another independent issue
then?). If I try to set the default depth at xorg to 16 (instead of 24 I was
using before) I get the extra 800x600 resolution. Apart from that, the log
still shows the "hsync out of range - horizontal sync too wide - mode clock
to high" error messages for any other resolution.

   Again, thanks for the quick reply.

 Agenor