[Openchrome-users] problem with Syncmaster wide monitor

John Robinson john.robinson
Fri Sep 28 04:02:22 PDT 2007

On 28/09/2007 05:02, Alex Roitman wrote:
> I cannot seem to get this mode, as the X log says that my monitor
> cannot do dotclock higher than 140.
>
> Now bear with me just a little bit. I have the manual (on CD ROM)
> that came with the monitor. In the Specifications section it says:
>
>     Maximum Pixel Clock
>     146 MHz (Analog,Digital)
>
> And yet X tells that 140 is the max. Can it be that X is wrong?
> Can I override this?

Yes. Put
   Option "NoDDC"
in your Monitor section. Then you'll definitely need a Modeline there too.

> To complicate the matters, the openchrome driver manual via(4) says
> that not all dotclocks are supported:
> ... 108.0,  108.28,  122.0,  122.726,  135.0,  148.5, ...

I think the man page is out of date, that was once true of CLE266/KM400
original unichrome chips, but even those have had support for free clock
generation for a couple of years now.

Good luck!

Cheers,

John.