[Openchrome-users] VIA Announces Open Source Driver Initiative

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa
Thu Apr 17 13:47:05 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> but again it would completely lock if trying to exit the X Server.
>> I did not follow carefully the code, but my attempt to
>> "skip the busy loop" was probably pointless as it seens to be always
>> coming back to viaFlushPCI...
>>
>> Paulo
>>
> hmm, I forgot to update a couple of places. I attach another patch,
> give it a try, but it's probably better to start slowly and disable
> acceleration at least for the beginning (Option "NoAccel").

  Still did not "properly" work. I applied only VX800_2.patch on a fresh
checkout. Instead of using no options, added "NoAccel" "On". It seens
to be messing on the rgb masks, as colors are completely wrong, and
xwud -in foo.xwd in another host, from "xwd -root > foo.xwd" shows
correct color.

  When trying to exit, by Exiting the current session in KDE:
-%<-
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb7dd925d in select () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#2  0x081baf44 in WaitForSomething ()
#3  0x08089c4d in Dispatch ()
#4  0x08071025 in main ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

[Switching to Thread -1211042112 (LWP 3679)]
#0  0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb7dd925d in select () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
#2  0x081baf44 in WaitForSomething ()
#3  0x08089c4d in Dispatch ()
#4  0x08071025 in main ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGPIPE, Broken pipe.
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Program received signal SIGTERM, Terminated.
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb)
Continuing.
-%<-

  And the computer is completely locked, needing a hard
reset (cannot interrupt gdb). My guess is that it is
in some function called by VIACloseScreen(), but
the computer is completely locked...

  I also tried using option ShadowFB, as it was an
alternative in another computer with VIA video, that
worked, while NoAccel didnt... But same result, complete
lock at exit.

Only this line was not added in logfile,
printed to my xterm from where ssh'ed

-%<-
Synaptics DeviceOff called
-%<-