[Openchrome-users] xvmc-blit?

John Robinson john.robinson
Mon Apr 21 04:05:29 PDT 2008

On 18/04/2008 19:09, David Morris wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Hello,
>
>> My MythTV box runs on a VIA EN12000 and uses XvMC for video playback.
>> I noticed this in the frontend logs:
>
>> VideoOutputXv: Desired video renderer 'xvmc-blit' not available.
>> codec 'None' makes 'xv-blit,xshm,xlib,' available, using 'xv-blit' instead.
>
>> In the configuration settings I cannot choose an alternative for
>> xvmc-blit. So Is this something I could fix with openchrome?
>> Or is the problem elsewhere?
[...]
> Thats a bug in mythTV I believe.
>
> MythTV Bug - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4792
>
> Bug on Ubuntu (on the off chance you use that) -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/213383

It may be a MythTV bug to assume there ought to be an xvmc-blit
renderer; perhaps there is one for other XvMC-capable chips but afaik
there's only the Xv renderer with openChrome. The above output shows the
best possible fallback anyway, so is nothing to worry about. The gotcha
for many - myself included - was the default fallback to OpenGL
rendering instead of Xv, which the above bugs cover, but Udo doesn't
seem to be having that problem.

I found the simplest short-term workaround for the fallback to OpenGL is
to launch mythfrontend with LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=Y in the environment.

Cheers,

John.