[Openchrome-users] VIA MM3500

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson
Sun Apr 27 00:48:37 PDT 2008

Hi All, am contemplating building a lowpower quiet myth combined
front/back end round a Via MM3500 + 2GB Ram
(http://www.via-mm.com/product/VIA Diamond MM3500.jsp) and wanted some
informed opinions :)

Its video chipset is the VIA Chrome9 HC DX9 IGP which as I understand is
supported by OpenChrome for XVideo *and* XvMC
.

I gather it should be fine for SD playback but I was wondering how well
it would do HD playback at 1280x720p. Of course that would be via its
VGA output. Not sure how much HD quality I'd compromise doing that.
Perhaps I would be better just plugging in a NVidia 7200 with its DVI
output?

Thanks - Lindsay