[Openchrome-users] CX700 shows wrong colors

Stefan Strobl nst
Thu Aug 7 10:50:33 PDT 2008

Hi

I'm having problems getting the openchrome driver work on my system
(CX700). I'm running Debian Etch and built the driver from trunk.

The driver compiled and initially worked well but only for the CRT
output. I then figured that the driver detects a "VIA VT3324 (CX700)"
which only supports CRT. I was then cheeky enough to simply add
VIA_DEVICE_LCD to the Outputs field and recompiled.

I'm now getting some output on both CRT and LCD but the colors are gone
haywire! When backing out with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace my console is gone. I
can then recover the console by blindly typing "vbetool vbemode set 3".

When looking at /var/log/Xorg.0.log I can see several Errors:
  (EE) CHROME(0): [drm] drmAgpAcquire failed 19
  (EE) CHROME(0): [drm] Failed to initialize DMA ring-buffer: 14
I don't think this has anything to do with it, though, because I had
these Errors before also when I correctly used CRT only.

There are also plenty of Warnings, amongst those I don't know the
significance of this one:
  (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22...0x2d

And one more thing. Dmesg gives me the following information with
regards to agp and drm:
  Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones
  [drm] Initialized drm 1.0.1 20051102
  [drm] Initialized via 2.7.4 20051116 on minor 0
  [drm:via_initialize] *ERROR* via_initialize called with no agp memory
     available

I've got the feeling it has to do with the VBE mode setting but don't
know where to search. I'm also wondering about the "vbemode 3" since
this is no valid VESA mode.

Any suggestions how to approach this problem?

Many thanks
Stefan.