[Openchrome-users] Problems with Averatec 3225 laptop

Avery Fay avery
Tue Aug 12 20:27:27 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to get Linux working on my Averatec 3225 laptop. I've had it
working in the past (a few years ago) with both the vesa and old
unichrome driver. Now, both the live CD's I've tried, Fedora 9 and
Ubuntu 8.04, don't work. For a quick synopsis:

$ egrep "(WW|EE)" Xorg.0.log
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
(WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(EE) open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
(WW) CHROME(0): Unable to estimate virtual size
(WW) CHROME(0): Unable to retrieve PanelSize: using default (1024x768)
(WW) CHROME(0): Mode pool is empty
(EE) CHROME(0): No valid modes found
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

The panel size isn't detected properly (it never was), but the default
chosen is correct. Also, it seems the openchrome driver is even
detecting my particular laptop:

$ grep Averatec Xorg.0.log
(--) CHROME(0): Detected Averatec 322x.

but still can't find a valid mode. FWIW, I believe I used to run it at
1024x768, 24 bit color, refresh of either 60Hz or 65Hz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The full full log is attached.

Thanks,
Avery