[Openchrome-users] Xorg.conf: Unknown Card-Ids (3108|1462|7312)

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu Aug 14 01:07:17 PDT 2008

Jon wrote:
> I'm currently running an MSI K9MM-V motherboard in my Myth box.  According
> to the box it uses a VIA K8m800+VT8237R+ chipset.
>
> The box runs Ubuntu 8.04.1 (Hardy) with the main, restricted, universe and
> multiverse apt sources.  Here is my uname string:
> Linux marx 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 23:41:49 UTC 2008 i686
> GNU/Linux
>

> When using the openchrome X driver I will get this error in the Xorg.0.log
> file:
> (EE) CHROME(0): Unknown Card-Ids (3108|1462|7312); please report to
> openchrome-users at openchrome.org

Fixed in latest svn trunk.

> As well as these warnings:
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d

Harmless warnings.

> Xorg runs but the video isn't as smooth as it was with my old (circa 2003)
> Nvidia card.  With MythTV I get some strange screen artifacts in the form
> of a staircase that starts in the lower right corner of the video and
> works up towards the center.  This is particularly prevalent with lots of
> motion and pixel changes.  Mplayer seems to work just fine with the OpenGL
> video driver.

You should not use the opengl output but rather use the XvMC VLD output
in mythtv. You'll then benefit from hardware mpeg-2 acceleration.
Mplayer needs to be patched to benefit from this though.