[Openchrome-users] Where are resolution settings kept when using gnome

Robert Moskowitz rgm
Tue Dec 9 05:53:51 PST 2008

This is on Centos 5.2 with Gnome 2.16.0

/etc/X11/xorg.conf does not have any display resolution values, yet

In System > Administration > Display

There I have set Monitor type to LCD Panel 1024x768 and settings tab
shows 1024x768.  Where is this information stored?

In System > Preferences > Screen Resolution

There is a different selection of resolution values.  Where is this
information stored?

I am having problems on my OQO systems.  I can set the Monitor type to
1024x768 and get this for the external display but not internal.  I go
and edit the xorg.conf file, adding options Xavier has recommended, and
then I only get 800x600 resolution.  So I am trying to learn where all
the information is kept to figure out what is getting stepped on....