[Openchrome-users] HP 2133 1.6 2GB/120 WLAN BT 3-CELL 8.9#VHB

Robert Bridge robert
Sun Dec 21 12:05:45 PST 2008

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:12:43 +0100
Johan T?rnklint <empty at empty.pp.se> wrote:

> So the card is supported, hm. still strange i can only get 640x400. O
> well!

At least at a basic level of functionality. It's been the hardest card
I have encountered to get working (It still isn't quite right). I have
high hopes that it will improve over the next year as a result of the
doc drops from VIA.

Would the GUI installer be using a Frame Buffer and not an X-server? If
it is, than it will fail, VGA would still work but would give 640x480
(IIRC)

> Never used gentoo, but heard its for people with alot of time :)

It's for people with a lot of patience regarding installation. I find
it the easiest distro to tweak and the package manager to be the most
resilient I have encountered (I used to break RPM within minutes...)

RobbieAB.