[Openchrome-users] disable DRM

Peter Mattern matternp
Fri Feb 1 09:39:18 PST 2008

Hallo.

For my everyday work I use Debian etch that doesn't meet the actual
requirements for the so called "DRM stuff" (according to "Compiling the
source code"). On this system, I simply don't need DRM and wouldn't
quite like to install that DRM stuff from the external sources to use as
much software as possible from Debian's repository and thus have it
covered by Debian's security updates.

Therefore, I'd simply like to disable DRM, but don't know how: Is there
any option to be passed to autogen.sh, any entry for xorg.conf? Or can I
simply do a normal installation with etch's outdated libdrm / drm.ko /
via.ko as this may result in nothing but DRM not working - which I
wouldn't mind in this case?

Thanks in advance,

PM