[Openchrome-users] P4M900 VIA Chrome9 DRI (and XvMC?) not working

David Kuehling dvdkhlng
Fri Feb 1 10:58:25 PST 2008

> Guys, with the help of this group I was able to get the openchrome
> drivers installed and working with Ubuntu Gutsy and a VIA integrated
> P4M900 graphics chip.  However, I've noticed that video playback is
> very CPU intensive and often stutters.  While investigating I
> determined that DRI isn't enabled.

I also didn't (yet) get DRI working.  But video playback greatly
improved after enabling the "Direct Framebuffer" option in my Bios.  Do
you have a similar Bios option?  Also, did you check whether MTRR are
set up correctly (try cat /proc/mtrr).

David