[Openchrome-users] Openchrome trunk and Xorg.conf

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Tue Feb 5 03:51:37 PST 2008

novak jan wrote:
>  Thank you.
>  Now I clicked simply to reply in Kmail. Is it good now?

No, you should reply to the list, not to me.  Also, you should quote
(include) the text of the message that you are replying to.  In
your Settings > Configure KMail > Composer > Templates, the Reply
to templates should look like this:

%OFROMNAME wrote:
%QUOTE
%CURSOR

> I think you should write more than one line to every problem.
> That is why I wrote, that I am a beginner.

Just because you are a beginner I should explain everything in full?
No, it is you who should make a big effort to try and understand.
Read the manual of your mailer (F1).  If necessary, read all of it.
Yes, that takes days, but that's the only way to learn.

>  You wrote
> [Remove the Reply-To from your headers.]. I understand it so,
> that  I should not use reply.

When something is not entirely clear, google it up, read Wikipedia,
read the man pages of your software, read, read, read.

But to help you: click Settings > Configure KMail > select your
current identity, click Modify > click the Advanced tab, then clear
the "Reply-To address:" field.  You don't need it.  It is only
needed when you want people to reply to a different address than
where you are sending from.  In other cases it is just a nuisance.

Now go back to the General tab, clear the "Your name:" field and
fill in instead: Jan Novak.  Then click OK and OK.

>  The same is it with xorg.conf. Usually wrote  everybody 'Change
> or remove in section xy line xxxyy.'  Not everybody knows, what
> does mean every line in xorg.conf.

You do not need to know what every line in xorg.conf means, you only
need to follow simple instructions: "Remove such line" -- then you
find that line in your xorg.conf, in whatever section it is, and
remove it.

> I compiled last  openchrome trunk and  I must say, it is great.
> It works without problems.

Good.

>  So I can say, the only problem is manual page in sources.

Huh?  What's wrong with the openchrome manual page?

>  I tried to boot 2.6.18-4 kernel and 2.6.18-6 kernel and the
> driver works by all. They are very similar. How is it, if there
> are more kernel i the system for example 2.6.18 and 2.6.24?

If you want DRI to work (and your Xorg.0.log says it's not working),
you need a more recent kernel that 2.6.18.  Any 2.6.23 should be
fine.  Normally distros do not offer multiple version of the
kernel, though.  What distro are you on?

>  You wrote, that it is not normal kernel module.

Incomprehensible sentence.

>  I tried to use not well supported TV card  Leadtek DTV 1800H on
> my system. If I start KDETV or Xawtv,  my system  freezes.

I know nothing about TV cards, and don't know whether they have
anything to do with openchrome.  Look elsewhere for answers.

Benno