[Openchrome-users] randr branch: ugly mouse pointer problem

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Feb 27 12:44:32 PST 2008

Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hello again,
>

> On Tuesday 26 February 2008 01:09, you wrote:
>> There are also some modifications to the hardware cursor code in the
>> randr branch. I believe adding 'Option SWCursor' to your xorg.conf
>> should workaround the problem. Does the hardware cursor works fine in
>> trunk ?
>     That fixed it.
No, this is not a fix, this is a workaround, the real fix would be to
have hardware cursor working out of the box.
The answer to my question is really needed, so here it comes again :
does the hardware cursor work fine in trunk ?

>>> The Xorg.log contains the following
>>> strange 'contradiction':
>>> 364 (**) CHROME(0): Will not enable VBE modes.
>>> 426 (WW) CHROME(0): Using VBE to set modes to work around this.
>> This is fixed in svn, please re-test.
>     R534 caused a blank screen and I had to reboot.  I'm now back to
> r533.  Xorg.log attached.

What's the native resolution of your panel ? 800x600 or something else ?
Try to remove HorizSync and VertRefresh from the Monitor section of xorg
conf.

>>>     I'm using revision 533 on Unichrome K8M800.  Btw direct
>>> rendering never worked for me.
>> Can you give more details on your direct rendering problem ?
>     Well, several times I tried to get it working and it seems to get
> initialized correctly by the xserver.  (see the Xorg.log)  But whenever
> I test if it's working glxinfo results in a 'direct rendering: No'.
> Reading the mailing list didn't help either.  But for me it isn't fatal
> for I don't need dri.  I attached the glxinfo output, too.

Try with 'LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo', it might say more on the problem.