[Openchrome-users] drivers not working (VIA chrome 9HC)

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sun Jan 6 13:20:30 PST 2008

Marco Pieruccetti wrote:
> cd2k1 wrote:
>> Looking at your screenshot, I had the same problem. Now with the
>> experimental driver it runs smooth :)
>>

>  I use latest release downloaded (0.2.901).... how can i get
> experimental driver ?

svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/branches/experimental_branch

But the experimental branch will not bring you anything over the
release. It is actually a bit behind trunk/release, but has libpciaccess
support added and I do not believe this is the problem you are having.

Alternatively, the attached patch backports experimental branch
libpciaccess changes and applies to 0.2.901.

>> You are not using the modelines you added. Your screen section should
>> look like that :
>>
>> Section "Screen"
>> 	Identifier	"Default Screen"
>> 	Device		"Scheda video generica"
>> 	Monitor		"SyncMaster"
>> 	DefaultDepth	24
>> 	SubSection "Display"
>> 		Modes		"1280x1024_60.00" "1280x1024R"
>> 	EndSubSection
>> EndSection
>>

> Xavier,
> with right lines added, nothing is changed.... :-(
> I attach Xorg.0.log, seems that only 1280x1024_60.00 mode was
> recognized.
It was recognized, but was it used ? You forgot to actually attach the log.

> The 1280x1024R mode produce following message:
> "monitor doesn't support reduced blanking"

ah, yes. Add Option "ReducedAllowed" "TRUE" to the monitor section.
Assuming this is a flat panel that allows reduced blanking, but they all
do afaik.