[Openchrome-users] drivers not working (VIA chrome 9HC)

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Jan 9 13:50:52 PST 2008

Henning Kiel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have Xserver crashes when starting 3D apps (googleearth,
> wine,...) on my K8M890CE.

Chrome9 (K8M890 and P4M900) is using a new, unsupported 3D engine.
There's no way to get 3D to work on them at the moment.

> Which trunk is preferred for this chipset, the main or the experimental?

Use the latest release, there's nothing interesting in trunk yet.
Experimental just holds unfinished libpciaccess support and randr some
HW cursor and panel improvements. None of the branches are really for
'public consumption', use them only if you know what you are doing or if
someone who knows tell you to use them.