[Openchrome-users] Artefacts again

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sat Jan 12 05:27:23 PST 2008

Stefan Scheffler wrote:
> > > I seem to be getting the same artefacts as those mentioned a
> > > few days ago. My laptop has a K8M800 chip and runs ubuntu
> > > hardy.
>
> I'm not really sure if this really has something todo with
> accell, because if I start X first with unichrome then with
> openchrome it's working correctly too.

That is most interesting.  What if you keep on using the unichrome
driver?  Does it work well?  Or does it not do everything you want?

> Perhaps it's some initialization thing. Although the log doesn't
> show any major difference differences between using openchrome
> before or after unichrome.

The log wouldn't show any differences due to some previous
initialisation, because it doesn't read the registers of the chip
before poking values into them.

By the way, is the workaround with Option "EnableAGPDMA" "false"
solid and dependable?  The artifacts have not recurred since then?

Benno