[Openchrome-users] switch resolution with tv out enabled

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sun Jan 13 14:59:48 PST 2008

vpcompany at tiscali.it wrote:
> hello,
> I cannot find out how to enable fast switch with ctrl alt "+" or "-" in
> xorg when I use 1280x720 tvout
>
> with a standard xorg config I can switch from eg 1280x1024 to 1024x768
> etc... but with 1280x720 seems I can use only that or kill xorg and
> start with a different configuration.
>
> any suggestion? tia!

Tv encoder modes are currently hardcoded, so it might work only with the
resolutions found on the tv out page for your tv encoder and tv type.
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=TVOut

While writting that and looking at the above mentionned page, it becomes
clearer. You are probbaly using a VT1625 with 720p tv type and thus the
only available mode is 1280x720. You're probably stuck for now.