[Openchrome-users] regressions from svn 462:500

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Fri Jan 18 13:12:35 PST 2008

Forest Bond wrote:
> I guess I don't know the low-level interactions well enough; is
> it not possible that the VGA BIOS is involving itself in the
> situation, even if it was not explicitly asked to do so?

You mean Linux does not take full control of the machine?  No, that
would be silly.  The BIOS only gets used when it is explicitly
called.

> In any case, certainly the BIOS plays a role at boot time, and
> some degree of initialization may be going on there that could
> have impact, right?

Sure.  But if the openchrome driver initializes the chip correctly,
it shouldn't matter what the boot process has done with it.

> "Fine", I thought, "I'll use xrandr in the .xinitrc to force it
> to use the right mode and virtual size.  Lo and behold,
> everything works correctly.

So it now works as you want it to?  No issues remain?

Benno