[Openchrome-users] regressions from svn 462:500

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Sun Jan 20 15:03:21 PST 2008

Forest Bond wrote:
> Okay, so incorrect BIOS initialization that is not compensated
> for by openChrome should be considered a bug in openChrome?

Yes.  But it's not compensation, it should be a complete
reinitialization.  If the chip can be put by the BIOS into a state
from which there is no recovery, the chip is broken.

> > So it now works as you want it to?  No issues remain?
>
> That was true with my Samsung 42" plasma.
>
> But when my remote associate tried this with his display
> (Panasonic 42" plasma), this was not true.  This is truly
> unfortunate.
>
> What do you think would be a good next step?

Throw everything with the name VIA on it out of the window.

Benno