[Openchrome-users] VIA: Decent Drivers for Linux Petition (please help if you can)

effenberg0x0 userforum
Wed Jan 23 11:30:29 PST 2008

VIA: Decent Drivers for Linux Petition (please help if you can)
After a lot of time trying to use my Laptop (with a VIA VN800 Graphics Chipset) and trying the official driver as well as the good efforts from Openchrome and Unichrome projects, I gave up and tried to get help at VIA Technologies Official Forum (see http://www.tkarena.com/forums/linux-...hat-going.html).

The idea of a petition came out from that thread. I have started this petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/vialinux/ .

If you plan on using your VIA based hardware on Linux, with a decent performance, stability and security and if you think Linux users should have the same support as Windows users receive from the company, I ask you to sign this petition as well as help me spread this URL to your friends, family and coworkers.

Regards,
Effenberg

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=4623#form>