[Openchrome-users] Unknown Card-Ids ...

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri Jan 25 04:39:48 PST 2008

Stefan Bellon wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>
>> DRI is failing to start because the via drm module cannot be loaded.
>> See following link for an explanation on how to fix this :
>> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=P4M900
>
> Thanks, that helped a lot. Interestingly the AGP patch was already
> partially (!) applied to the Debian 2.6.23 kernel source. Only the
> second of the three hunks of that patch was missing.
>
> Now I only get the following warnings in the Xorg.log:
>
> (WW) CHROME(0): Unknown CH7xxx device found. [ec:0x1B contains 0]
> (WW) CHROME(0): VIALoadPalette: Function not implemented for this chipset.

Interesting. Do you have any idea what TV encoder is on your board, if
there's one at all ? It might just be a false positive, I don't see any
TV encoder on this board in the VIA product documentation. Even if it's
not likely to be supported in openchrome in the near future, it would
still be interesting to be able to detect this TV encoder properly.

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=550

> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d

This is 'normal' and harmless. Please note there's currently no 3D
support for Chrome9 3D engine anyway.