[Openchrome-users] Problem with Chrome9 HC and current trunk

kako userforum
Sun Jan 27 12:03:09 PST 2008

Re: Problem with Chrome9 HC and current trunk
> kako wrote:
> > Re: Problem with Chrome9 HC and current trunk
> >> Use this thread to discuss the [tiki-index.php?page=Problem with
> >> Chrome9 HC and current trunk|Problem with Chrome9 HC and current
> >> trunk] page.
> >

> > Hi, I use the same chipset on an asus p5vd2-vm se mainboard. The
> > problem was the same as anonymous wrote above (broken X picture).
> > downloaded and compiled the randr_branch, but when tried to start the
> > X with it the whole box was freezed totally. I attach the xorg.0.log
> > if helps. Please help me, the vesa driver makes wrong my eyes with
> > 60Hz blinking.
> >
> > (what other info needed to solve this problem?)
> >
> You don't want to use randr_branch, you want to use trunk, unless you
> know what you are doing.

Oh yes. Half-success. It works under fc7. Can I compile the "trunk" under FC8_x64 any way?
It says the follows:
------------
checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server xproto xvmc fontsproto libdrm ) were not met:

No package 'xorg-server' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
-------------
what to do now?
libdrm - installed
xorg-x11-server-Xorg - installed
xvmc - isn't
fontsproto - isn't
xproto -isn't
(these aren't on the install media, and in any repo I found)

The precompiled openchrome drivers make the same as mentioned above. Could anybody help to compile a "trunk"?

thanks
kako

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=4653&comments_parentId=4652&post_reply=1#form>