[Openchrome-users] Openchrome trunk and Xorg.conf

novak jan novak-j
Thu Jan 31 23:23:55 PST 2008

           Thank you all. I tried update it and output lspci is

0:0f.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/
C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller
(rev 81)
00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller
(rev 81)
00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller
(rev 81)
00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller
(rev 81)
00:10.4 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 86)
00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8237 ISA bridge
[KT600/K8T800/K8T89
0 South]
00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237
C97 Audio Controller (rev 60)
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev 78)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UniChrome Pro IGP
[VIA
P4M890 Chipset] (rev 02)

I think, that now  it knows my VGA card.

 I tried to compile my driver so, how it is in
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code
I used manual for Debian and it was without problems.

 My   dmesg | grep -e agp -e drm after make install
Linux agpgart interface v0.101 (c) Dave Jones

 So I do not know, whether it is OK.

 By xorg.conf tried I to adjust Section device

> ??????Load????"vbe"

> ??????Driver??????????"openchrome"

and it writes by startX, that parameter  Load is not allowed in Section
device.
   Original error was something like this

II module already build in

EE no device detected

Fatal server error:
no screens found
fatal IO error 104 ( connection reset by peer)
on X server ":0.0" after 0 requests (0 known processed)
with 0 events remaining

I have to say, that I do not know, how to do log of start of my system.
 How to  create log, what  you want from me?