[Openchrome-users] kcometen3 opengl issues

Raphael Geissert atomo64+debian
Mon Jul 7 17:20:20 PDT 2008

Hi,

This is a "since forever" issue, but I've finally found some time to report
it.

KCometen3 is a nice opengl screen saver available at [1], but all the nice
effects are gone on my hardware (I used to have a PM800 where it worked,
but now I have a P4M800 CE). The full specs of my motherboard can be found
at [2].

Is there anything I can do to help?

XAA and EXA, both don't do a thing, neither disabling DRI.

And as odd as it may sound, I've found EXA acceleration better than XAA
because it reduces the number of time xorg crashes (and restarts) or
freezes (the whole system[3]).

[1] http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KCometen3?content=30313
[2] http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4VM800&s=478
[3] I'm currently using Linux 2.6.25-2-686, libdrm 2.3.0-4, mesa 7.0.3-4,
xorg 7.3, openchrome r579; but will upgrade to libdrm
2.3.1+git+20080706+401f77a tonight and report.

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.