[Openchrome-users] New to the list

Coleman Kane cokane
Wed Jun 4 08:25:28 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 08:14 -0700, Derek Adams wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to this list and I'm interested in development of the
> CX700M2 xvmc support.
> I was wondering if people could clue me in with a little more detail
> than the site contains.
>
> 1. Is anyone working on CX700M2 xvmc support?
> 2. Is anything preventing that development beyond a lack of workforce?
>
> I'd like to contribute to the effort of implementing xvmc on this chipset.
> Thanks!
>
> -Derek

I am attempting to do the same. I've been talking to the rep that runs
http://linux.via.com, however the news looks grim. It seems that VIA
won't release the XvMC docs for the newer hardware because they are
worried about getting sued by the MPEG LA cartel. I've not been able to
get much traction on convincing them to release it myself. VIA did admit
that Intel seems to be violating this "agreement" by releasing the same
information for their IGP chipsets.

If anyone knows has any ideas on pushing this, I'd like to hear. It
would be really valuable for me to just get the docs, then we could
write this part ourselves.

--
Coleman Kane