[Openchrome-users] openchrome and gstreamer

Ondrej Wisniewski ondrej.wisniewski
Thu Jun 12 01:46:19 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Ondrej Wisniewski wrote:
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>> I finally managed to try the commands you suggested. It is actually
>> the same I already tried with gstreamer-properties. This seems to be
>> just a GUI for the command line tools.
>>
>> So what happens it that I get a perfect test picture with ximagesink
>> (no xv). But with xvimagesink there is only a green window. Regarding
>> the xv messages in the xorg.log I have the same as you. Xv is
>> definitely enabled and also works fine with xine.
>>
>> So I wonder why xv with gstreamer is working on your board EPIA-M6000
>> and not on my EPIA-M10000. They should be the same apart from the CPU.
>>
>> Has anyone some more ideas what could be wrong?
>>
> Possibly, kernel version and especially drm. Which versions are you
> running, respectively ?
>
> Ondrej, could you please try with Option "NoXVDMA" in the Device
> section of your xorg conf and see if it helps ?
> It is strange however that it does work fine with xine. Are you using
> 'xine -V xxmc' or 'xine -V xv' ?
Ok, I tried Option "NoXVDMA" but the result is the same, a green window
when gstreamer uses Xv as video output. Xine instead is working fine
with both xv and xxmc video modes.

So could this be a driver issue? Anything else I should try?
Xorg.0.log is attached.

Ondrej