[Openchrome-users] Integrated K8M890 does not work.

mauman userforum
Mon Mar 10 07:37:19 PDT 2008

Re: Integrated K8M890 does not work.
> mauman wrote:
> > By the way, I also tried to install the 3D support.
>
> If you'd looked at
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=HardwareCaveats
> or had asked, you would have known it wouldn't work.
>
> > Is it possible to rollback the installation of the 3D library?
>
> Sure.  If you tell us how you installed it.
>
> Benno

> Main page:
> http://www.openchrome.org
> Wiki:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org
> User Forum:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1

thanks for the aswer. first I installed the openchrome driver, with these instructions:

cd openchromefolder

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr

make

sudo make install

and until here everything was fine.

then I tried 3D:

sudo apt-get install git-core linux-headers-generic
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
cd drm
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install
cd linux-core
make LINUXDIR=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build DRM_MODULES=via
sudo cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/
sudo depmod -ae
sudo modprobe drm
sudo modprobe via

from here, the system freezes during boot...

I would like to rollback the installation of these part of the driver.

thanks again,

Maurizio

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=4928&comments_parentId=4903&post_reply=1#form>