[Openchrome-users] Integrated K8M890 does not work.

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Mon Mar 10 14:37:07 PDT 2008

> > Where did you find these instructions?
>
> here:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome

Distrust all texts.  Especially when they are not hosted on the
openchrome site themselves, no matter that the openchrome site
points to them.

> and I accessed this page from the page:
>
>http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code
>
> if this is not the correct way of proceeding,

If you follow instructions, read everything, don't skip parts.

> ok, so I do not have to compile and istall drm. so, what could I
> try to do to make the 3D working with the K8M890?

I don't know.  It should work already, out of the box, on Gutsy.

> thanks for your help, I did not try this procedure, as I decided
> to have a fresh install of Ubuntu.

Hrrm!  Why make me go to the trouble of explaining it step by step
when you've already decided to do a complete reinstall?

> may I suggest to perform a little cleaning of the whole
> installation procedure?

No.  Use common sense when reading instructions.  Don't skip parts.
And when in doubt, ask first.

Benno