[Openchrome-users] Works only for root

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri Mar 14 18:15:19 PDT 2008

Stepan Zatupov wrote:
> Ok, in attachment: not working, working log, xorg.conf and patch with my
> IDs.
>
>> Stepan Zatupov wrote:
>>> Hi all, I spent a half of day trying to bring non-vesa graphics up on my
>>> new Benq laptop and found openchrome project. I've just added my ID's
>>> (I'll send the patch tomorrow) to code and... it works! With best
>>> resolution and best speed, thank you, great job! But works only for
>>> root, X.org hangs for normal users without any messages :(
>>> Have anyone incurred such problem?
>>> P.S. The chip is  p4m900.
>> Please post your compressed xorg log (both in the working and
>> non-working attempts) and xorg conf. There's no way to diagnoze anything
>> without them.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier

Hmm, it's a bit puzzling, the logs look pretty similar and running as
root or another user shouldn't matter anyway...
3D is not supported on your chipset so maybe AIGLX is getting in the
way, try to disable it :

Section "ServerFlags"
         Option  "AIGLX" "off"
EndSection

Thx for the pciid report, I've added it to svn.

PS: please don't top post.