[Openchrome-users] Video play problem

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Mar 25 14:39:51 PDT 2008

novak jan wrote:
>> Ah, yes the kernel version. It was working with 2.6.18, but is not with
>> anything >= 2.6.21, right ?
>> Try to add in the Device section of your xorg conf :
>> Option "EnableAGPDMA" "0"
>>
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
>
> Thanks. I tried the option, what you delivered, but it is not much better.
> Stripes are little bit smaller but it still does not work. Unfortunately.  I
> updated  kernel to version 2.6.24 and now I can not to list with keyboard
> cursor in grub menu. It means, I can not start some other ( older) kernel. I
> have to start 2.6.24 only. I send Xorg.0.log and xorg.conf here with.

It would really be interesting to go back to an earlier kernel. You
should be able to set which kernel is booted by default in the grub.conf
file, but I don't know where this file is on debian.

We recently tracked down a bug that appears with kernel 2.6.22 and newer
and that may be related, so any kernel <= 2.6.21 would be a good test.
Or alternatively, try to update your drm kernel modules :

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
cd drm
cd linux-core
make LINUXDIR=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build DRM_MODULES=via
cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/
depmod -ae

This will remove the modules shipped with the kernel deb package, make
sure to backup them _before_. Also, you'll need to make sure the old
modules are unloaded before starting X. The easiest is probably to reboot.