[Openchrome-users] Can't switch back to X once switching to console

Sam Lin itrs.lin
Wed Mar 26 12:39:24 PDT 2008

Xavier Bachelot ??:
> itrs wrote:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I encountered issues as following:
>>
>> Disable VBEModes :
>> 1. switching to console must be black screen
>> 2. switching to X must be black screen
>> 3. system not freeze
>>
>> Enable VBEModes :
>> 1. switching to console MAY be black screen
>> 2. switching to X MAY get black screen
>> 3. system not freeze
>>
>> ps. the card is P4M900
>>
> As you're using a laptop, VBEModes option is automatically used, so it
> doesn't matter if it's in the conf or not. Diff'ing the 2 logs should
> make that obvious.
>
> As for the actual problem, I'm not sure to understand what you mean.
> It seems related to VT switching.
> What happens when you switch to console ?
> What happens when you switch back to X ?
> Did you try to set a framebuffer at kernel boot time (add 'vga=791' to
> your kernel boot line for example) ?
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

When I switch to console it only shows black screen instead of text mode
or framebuffer mode (but it is indeed in console since I can issue
commands but I can't see it)

When I try to switch back to X it stay in black screen, do I can't make
sure what status it's.

I tried both text console and framebuffer (vesafb doesn't work for me so
I use uvesafb ) console but results are same.

Regards,
Sam