[Openchrome-users] UniChrome Pro

Robert Henney robh
Sat May 10 10:29:45 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:26:41AM +0200, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> >
> >>dragging windows around or scrolling a text window will occasionally
> >>cause nasty screen corruption, so something is still not completely
> >>right somewhere.
> >>
> >Even if you're runnign a pretty new kernel, you might try to disable
> >AGPDMA, I'm not sure all the drm bugs have been fixed.
> >
> >Option "EnableAGPDMA" "0"
> >
> >>playback through XVideo does not generate any errors, but only a black
> >>window where the video should be appears.
> >>
> >Does the attached patch help ?
>
> Still with us ?
> Does the patch helps ?
> What is the brand, model and available outputs of your board ?

Sorry about appearing to drop out of sight.  For some reason I don't
think I saw the earlier reply, but I just checked the online archive
and do see it there.

Disabling AGPDMA does get rid of the frequent screen corruption.  Am
currently running a 2.6.25.3 kernel, so yes it does look like there
are still drm bugs.

the patch does not seem to help with XVideo support.  the overlay window
appears but remains black.  updated from svn this morning before applying
patch.

>Could you please provide the motherboard/laptop brand and model and the
>list of available outputs (VGA, DVI, TV-out, laptop, panel...) ?

It's an Everex Cloudbook model CE261, with a built-in 800x480 WVGA TFT and
a DVI-I on the side.