[Openchrome-users] black screen when using multiple screens

Paulo Zanoni przanoni
Tue May 13 11:58:35 PDT 2008

Hi!

I've downloaded and compiled today's version (r567?) of the openchrome
driver, and when I start X with only one screen (the openchrome
screen) it works.

But when I open 1 xserver with multiple screens (openchrome + sis +
sis + sis), the opencrhome screen gets black, and the other screens
work. The screen is black but it actually does exist: if I try to open
xterm on it, it will show a small white rectangle on top of the screen
(probably the cursor where you have to type).

I've tried using "EnableAGPDMA" "0" but it didn't change anything.

The VIA card is onboard and the SIS cards are PCI.

root at choogabum:~# lspci | grep VGA
00:09.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
315PRO PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
00:0a.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
315PRO PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
00:0b.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS]
315PRO PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UniChrome
Pro IGP (rev 01)

>From Xorg.0.log:
(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(--) Chipset VM800/CN700/P4M800Pro found

X version: 7.1.1

Is this a known problem? Any idea about what to do?

Thanks,
Paulo.

--
Paulo R. Zanoni