[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #265: Driver doesn't allow 1280x800 resolution

Jim Raredon decoy
Tue Nov 4 14:34:17 PST 2008

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:12:41 +0000
OpenChrome Trac <trac at openchrome.org> wrote:

> #265: Driver doesn't allow 1280x800 resolution
> ---------------------+------------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  onliner  |        Owner:  somebody
>      Type:  task     |       Status:  new
> Blockedby:           |
>
> Comment(by schlobinux):
>
>  what about the xorg log ? It should show why the 1280x800 modes is
> not used, amongst other useful information.

I am currently running 1280x800 on Ubuntu Intrepid, using native
Openchrome driver on a VN800 chipset (Gateway MX3215 Laptop).  I have
attached my xorg.conf if it can be of any help at all.  It took me days
to get these setting just right (and 3D works perfectly with it).

-Jim Raredon