[Openchrome-users] Unichrome_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sun Nov 23 07:52:51 PST 2008

Marcin Lewandowski wrote:
> Hello,
> Since Ubuntu 8.10 direct rendering stopped working. Glxinfo gives me
> following message:
>
> libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 5.0.0 unichrome (screen 0)
> libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so
> libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so failed
> (/usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context)
> libGL error: unable to load driver: unichrome_dri.so
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: No
>
> I am using VIA K8N800 graphic card. Do you know if it is possible to fix
> this error somehow? I tried all the steps from
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenChrome, but it did not help.

This is likely a bug with the Mesa unichrome driver, not with
openchrome. Make sure you're running the latest Ubuntu mesa version,
then file a bug in Unbuntu bug tracker against mesa if you're still
seeing the problem.