[Openchrome-users] Introduction and first question

Paul Gardiner lists
Thu Oct 9 01:54:50 PDT 2008

Dave Cohen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this list.  But I've spent some time reading the archives and
> website over the past week.  I'm putting together my first mythtv box.  I'm a
> software guy, not a hardware guy, so this is a learning experience for me.  My
> goal is to build a nice DVR and get rid of this lousy box from Comcast.
>
> Anyway I'm starting with a Commell LV-667 board, because I got a good deal on
> craigslist.  It's got a VIA CN400, with VT1625.  I'm having a hard time making
> it do everything it's supposed to do.  I'll probably have a number of
> questions for this list, but I'll start with one about XvMC.

I used Minimyth with a CN400/VT1622A based board and it worked straight
out of the box. There were about 5 lines of config needed.

What connection to the TV do you intend. I'd love to know if anyone
has component video working, which some of these boards have.

Paul.