[Openchrome-users] A bounty for XVMC on the CX700?

Coleman Kane cokane
Fri Sep 5 08:50:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 20:19 -0500, Chris Larkee wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've been monitoring this mailing for quite some time, because have
> been eagerly waiting for xvmc support on the CX700.
>
> I saw a while back that it seemed like it was very close to being
> uploaded, but I haven't seen any mention of it lately:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2008-March/004391.html
>
> XVMC is very significant to a large upcoming project of mine, so at
> this point I am willing to make a donation to the openchrome team if
> someone can get this working. I can't give an exact promise right now,
> but it would be about $300. Maybe more, once some of the money from
> the project comes in.
>
> Is anyone interested?
>
> -Chris Larkee

Yeah, I am still patiently awaiting this. Discussions w/ VIA have gotten
me nowhere, as VIA's employees want me to acquire an MPEG LLA license
*before* I can get the code from them, at least last time that I tried.

Perhaps we'll see a shift away from this policy (a la Intel) with the
new open-source releasing that is happening now.

If I could get some of the current starter work, I might actually be
able to help pick up the ball myself.

--
Coleman Kane