[Openchrome-users] Mythtv Deinterlacing Problems w/ K8M800

Jon jon
Sat Sep 6 08:16:41 PDT 2008

I'm currently running an MSI K9MM-V motherboard with an AMD Sempron
LE-1250 in my Myth box.  After Xavier updated the card ID's in SVN my
Mythbox was back up and running (Thanks Xavier, you rock!) using the
openchrome driver. Unfortunately deinterlacining has been problematic.

Using the VIA XvMC decoder in Mythtv and the OneField deinterlacer
produces the following error:
 Failed to approve 'onefield' deinterlacer

Using the Bob(2x) deinterlacer pegs the processors to w/ Xorg taking up
>85% of the available cpu cycles.  And produces a stream of "NVP:
prebuffering pause" warnings.

When Mythfrontend starts up I've noticed this error in the log file:
Unable to create XvMC Surface.

And this error in the Xorg.log (attached):
(EE) CHROME(0): [XvMC] ViaXvMCCreateSurface: Too many surfaces !

Also, MythMusic / Xorg will max out the processor when rendering an OpenGL
visualization.  Glxgears runs at around 600fps.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon