[Openchrome-users] XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266

marcus userforum
Wed Sep 10 04:24:40 PDT 2008

Re: XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266

> marcus wrote:
>   type="cite">
>   I'm using VLC and MPlayer, with the same result I wil try now Xine.
>

> VLC does not support the CLE266 MPEG2 decoding, neither does the
> standard MPlayer but there is patch IIRC.
> Instead Kaffeine with xine engine works fine here on my EPIA-M10000 and
> Ubuntu.
>
> Ondrej

Do VLC, MPlayer support the standard XV without acceleration, because I strictly need VLC? (XV seems to work except for some green pixels just at the very beginning of the video playback). Do I need Kaffeine (xine based) for the only XV too? IS there a way to avoid these green pixels?

Thank you.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=5543&comments_parentId=5534&post_reply=1#form>