[Openchrome-users] Screen black and ticket #29

mariodebian mariodebian
Fri Sep 26 13:32:48 PDT 2008

El vie, 26-09-2008 a las 21:39 +0200, Xavier Bachelot escribi?:
> mariodebian wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I'm a openchrome user since many years, with my old laptop, Acer Aspire
> > 1355LM, and some thin clients like eTC3800.
> >
> > Laptop and thin clients has VIA KM400 CLE266 VGA graphic chipset and
> > works ok except I can change to VT, and I can't see shutdown process
> > with a black screen.
> >
> > Searching in Openchrome TRAC I found ticket #29 (3 years old) with a
> > small patch that fixes this issue:
> >
> > http://openchrome.org/trac/ticket/29
> >
> > I have opened a bug in Debian to apply this bug and mantainer tell me to
> > ask developers why is not upstream applied.
> >
> Does the patch actually fix the issue for you ?
> The patch attached to the bug obviously doesn't apply anymore. I'm
> attaching an updated one. Please report if it helps or not.

This patch works for me.

Now I can suspend/hibernate my laptop, and my thin clients start/stop
Xorg witout problems.

Please apply at trunk.

> Regards,
> Xavier