[Openchrome-users] Re : DRI won't enable

François Pradines francois_pradines
Fri Apr 17 00:34:16 PDT 2009

Hi,

It seems I got nearly the same CLE266 chipset.
I prefer the 1280x1024x16bppfor a question of speed, but I just tested the 1280x1024x32bpp and it works fine.
I got each time a
(II) CHROME(0): direct rendering enabled

Playing in xorg.conf with the value of
  Section "Device"
    Option "MaxDRIMem" "8192"

I can get a :
(II) CHROME(0): [dri] Using AGP.
(WW) CHROME(0): [drm] The DRM heap and pixmap cache memory may be too
[drm] small for optimal performance. Please increase
[drm] the frame buffer memory area in the BIOS.
(II) CHROME(0): [drm] Using 8388608 bytes for DRM memory heap.

With this line commented I get :
(II) CHROME(0): [dri] Using AGP.
(II) CHROME(0): [drm] Using 45864928 bytes for DRM memory heap.

To have DRI and XVMC working, you need also AIGLX, it's not compatible with XINERAMA :
  Section "ServerLayout"
    Option "AIGLX" "On"
  Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "Xinerama" "Off"

I can't remember why but I have this too :
  Section "Screen"
    Option "Accel" "On"

I don't know what it's used for but I put it in case :
  Section "DRI"
    Mode 0666
  EndSection

--- En date de?: Jeu 16.4.09, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at medozas.de> a ?crit?: