[Openchrome-users] Direct Rendering, Openchrome, and VIA Chrome9

Gustavo Guillermo Perez gustavo
Tue Aug 11 08:13:24 PDT 2009

El Martes, 11 de Agosto de 2009, S?ren Wellh?fer escribi?:
> Dear openchrome community,
>
> I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on a notebook that is equipped with a VIA Chrome 9
> chip. The question I have is regarding the issue of direct rendering and
> drm which currently does not seem to be supported by the openchrome driver.
Well, I've tryed to get working hardware acceleration on this card (VX 820
Unichrome 9), and I do! (more or less not know if mesa do the rest).

http://www.compunauta.net/blog/article.php?id=203&catid=44

I think there is some kind of hardware acceleration cause glxgears prompts and
show an average 100fps (look at the screenshot), but kde 4 require more
advanced shadow opengl functions that lacks on mesa I guess. I'm following
this (kde is not too much verbose as I want about why is not applying the 3d
effects).

May be you can retry your config, at least to try run compiz.

--
Gustavo Guillermo P?rez
www.compunauta.com