[Openchrome-users] xrandr badmatch error with cx700m2

Barry Scott barry.scott
Wed Aug 19 09:46:23 PDT 2009

Guillaume Du Pasquier wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> My config is:
>

> -          CX700 chipset
>
> -          Ubuntu 8.04
>
> -          Via  board epia p700
>
> -          Driver via_drv.so in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/kernel
>

> My objective is: Rotate my screen 90? degree right (doing xrandr -o right)
>

> I have installed the drivers from the linux.via.tw webpage and I got
> some xorg.conf file from VIA.

That is VIA's binary driver you have installed you need to ask them
about its operation.

This list is for the OpenChrome driver which may wish to try, I'd have
thought that the OpenChrome
driver would be the default on Ubuntu.

My experience is that you can rotate the screen but you can get any
video that is playing to be rotated.

Barry