[Openchrome-users] CL266 / LCD/DFP goes dark

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Dec 16 10:26:53 PST 2009

Hi,

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi,
> i got hold of a PartnerTech PT-5500 Touchscreen cash register. I have
> serious trouble getting the Display to show anything.
>
> The current Debian/Squeeze Openchrome did not work - the external
> VGA shows a signal - the LCD turns of the Backlight when starting the X
> Server.
>
> Currently i have no clue how this Display is connected so i tried
> LCD, DFP, CRT2 and various options without success.
>
> The Debian package used was:
>
> 	ii  xserver-xorg-video-openchrome        1:0.2.904+svn812-1         X.Org X server -- VIA display driver
>
> Probably there is someone beeing able to read the register dump
> which should show how its connected - this dump is made
> directly after boot - in text mode - both - external VGA and
> the LCD showing the last lines of the boot log.
>
> Currently the only way to get the LCD to show graphics
> is the Debian/etch vesa driver - The current vesa driver
> throws an error and garbles the output.

...snip...
Please compress big files to meet the 40K limit.

There is no way to tell this board has a panel attached from the pci id
so you need to force it. Add the following line to the device section of
your xorg conf :
Option "ForcePanel"

It should get you going.