[Openchrome-users] CL266 / LCD/DFP goes dark

John Robinson john.robinson
Thu Dec 17 01:38:20 PST 2009

On 16/12/2009 23:35, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
[...]
> Option "ActiveDevice" "LCD"
[...]
> Actually, DFP stands for the DVI connector, while LCD stands for the
> internally attached panel. So with the above, you're forcing the driver
> to think a panel is connected (ForcePanel), but then you are forcing it
> off in favor of an non-existent DVI connector (ActiveDevice DFP).

Hmm, this comes up so often I wonder if the ActiveDevice syntax and
documentation needs changing. Perhaps ActiveDevice VGA|DVI|LVDS|TV,
while still accepting the old syntax as well? Or something, as this
still isn't perfect?

Cheers,

John.