[Openchrome-users] Freezes with K8M890

Thomas Steffen steffen.listaccount
Fri Feb 6 15:56:26 PST 2009

Well, I nailed it - although using oprofile is not as easy as it could
be. As expected the driver got stuck in the kernel, or more precisely
in via_dma.c:via_wait_idle(). Shortening the timeout makes it so quick
that it is no longer a noticeable delay. I used:

       int count = 500000;

down from 10000000.

Ok, so it works, but why does it go wrong in the first place? I don't
know. Well, I have a guess, but for some reason I cannot figure out my
trace statements (DRM_ERROR) have no effect - so that remains
difficult to analyse. I still hope that I can get a bit further there.

And does it have any negative influence? I have not noticed any.

Regards,
Thomas