[Openchrome-users] widescreen on en12000 CN700/VT1625

roy roy
Thu Feb 12 06:32:58 PST 2009

Hi all,

Looking for some help/advise here...

I've been using an epia en12000 for a while now with openchrome, hooked up
to a standard def PAL TV from the "RCA"(is that the correct term?) tv out
socket
and audio outs to a scart socket.

Option     "TVType" "PAL"
Option     "TVOutput" "S-Video"
Modes      "720x576Over"

And it has been very successful!  Mythtv work great on it for playing back
recordings from a DVB-T card.

However, I've just joined the 21st centuary and bought a 720p lcd tv and am
looking
for ways to improve the output from the epia, or at least to use more of
the screen
realestate.

The wiki suggest that the 1625 can do 1024x768
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=TVOut
and
http://www.openchrome.org/trac/wiki/Configuration#VT1625

But the only modes that appear to work for me are "720x576" and
"720x576Over".
Everything gives an "unsupported mode" message in Xorg log and it falls
back to 720x576

I've also tried TVType of "720P" but that does not appear to work at all.
Setting TVType to 720P results in X not starting.

Does anyone have a similar setup working?

Here's hoping via will release a chrome9 mini-itx with hdmi this year...

cheers!
Roy