[Openchrome-users] widescreen on en12000 CN700/VT1625

vpcompany@tiscali.it vpcompany
Fri Feb 13 00:08:26 PST 2009

Il giorno Thu, 12 Feb 2009 14:32:58 +0000
roy <roy at haematic.org> ha scritto:

> Does anyone have a similar setup working?
>
> Here's hoping via will release a chrome9 mini-itx with hdmi this year...

hi,
i've an epia en1200 too!
i use component out (pin headers) at 720p and made a cable through the walls to connect component+stereo+usb in a different room using a single cat5e ethernet adhoc wired by me.

the resolution is the only one possible using 720p setting: 1280x720
triple cloned head: (i've dvi board also)
        Option      "ActiveDevice" "TV,DVI,CRT"
        Option      "TVOutput" "RGB"
        #Option      "TVType" "1080I"
        Option      "TVType" "720P"
        #Option      "TVType" "PAL"
i tried 1080i too, but with may problems (strange colors,not stable...)

about hdmi, if you have dvi output you can connect a hdmi monitor/tv using a simple adapter (wire based, no logic inside)... but you have to path the audio in other way, eg: using epia digital audio out -> home theater digital audio input.

unfortunately there is no way to put the audio from the epia en1200 in standard hdmi, only the video. (dvi video _is_ hdmi video)

you need the optional daughter board to use dvi on your epia.

c ya!