[Openchrome-users] Help needed for XvMC on VIA CN700

Manfred Twrznik/maennerseminare.at manfred.twrznik
Sun Jan 11 22:48:19 PST 2009

Hi!I'm trying to get XvMC running on my Jetway J7F21G2E Board with the VIA CN700 Unichrome Pro Chip onboard.

I installed everything and did check it with the "Checking whether it works"-List on the wiki, all should be fine. I did run the XvMC-Info programm by Michal Podsiadlik and Ken Harris and it reported all fine too.

But when I run vdr-sxfe (which is the xine vdr-client) with video=xvmc, I get the message:

Error initializing xinevideo_out_xvmc: Xv extension is present but I couldn't find a usable yuv12 port. Looks like your graphics hardware driver doesn't support Xv?!

What do I do wrong?

kind regards,Manfred